iNeedSell.com: Free online ads. Post your Ad here.

July 7, 2010

Will Angelina Jolie step out of the acting spotlight?

Like any working mom, Angelina Jolie juggles her career with raising her six children with partner Brad Pitt. And she's been outspoken about wanting to leave acting behind to spend more time with her family. But Jolie remains one of Hollywood's busiest and most in-demand stars, despite her plans to quit her very lucrative gig. USA TODAY takes a look at Jolie's acting declarations.

What she said: In the August 2010 issue of Vanity Fair, Jolie discussed her plans to ditch her day job. "It's not the most important thing in my life. Acting helped me as I was growing up. It helped me learn about myself, helped me travel, helped me understand life, express myself, all those wonderful things," she said. "So I'm very, very grateful, it's a fun job. It's a luxury. Look, I'm at work today in the middle of Venice. But I don't think I'll do it much longer."

What's in the works: Super-producer Scott Rudin has optioned the rights to Cleopatra: A life and is developing the film for and with Angelina Jolie.

What she said: In November 2008, while promoting her Clint Eastwood film Changeling, Jolie told the BBC that "I'm ready to do a few things now and fade away and get ready to be a grandma one day." She added that she plans to "work for a few months" in February, then take a year off. "I won't work again probably for another year," she said. "So maybe it'll be once a year, then maybe it'll be once every three years."

What went down: She did take time off, but not a year. Since that interview, Jolie filmed two major, big-ticket projects, the action thriller Salt and the drama The Tourist. She began shooting Salt in March 2009, and The Tourist in Venice and Paris beginning in February 2010.

What she said: In March 2007, right after adopting her son Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt, she told Vietman's Ho Chi Minh City Law newspaper that she would "stay at home to help Pax adjust to his new life. I have four children and caring for them is the most important thing for me at the moment. I am very proud and happy to be their mother."

What went down: Days after the adoption was finalized, Universal Pictures announced that Jolie would be starring in the action flick Wanted. Jolie arrived in the Czech Republic in May 2007 to start work on the movie.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment