iNeedSell.com: Free online ads. Post your Ad here.

July 18, 2010

Angelina Jolie's partner Brad Pitt almost to cameo in Salt movie

The Salt star's low-key swing through the nation's capital over the weekend to do a handful of interviews for the new spy thriller avoided the crush and fervor of paparazzi and lookee-loos that blustered around the film's shoot here last year.

Chase scenes for the movie, which opens July 23, were filmed with barricades holding hundreds of fans and photographers at bay just out of camera view. Jolie plays the title character, CIA operative Evelyn Salt, who goes on the run after accusations that she is a Russian sleeper agent.

"Salt and I were doing the same thing," she jokes. "Just trying to keep our heads down and get outta there."

In an interview Saturday, she also clarified recent remarks that she planned to give up acting someday. Jolie, 35, said she has no immediate plans to retire.

"I like to be very busy. I'm kind of energized. I don't sit down well," she says. "In the years to come, it's not that I'm retiring. There'll just be less films at some point.

"And I'd love to do other things. I'd love to live in Africa for six months and fly planes. I'd love to see what else there is to do. And artistically, I'm sure there are other things to do."

Salt is her first film since 2008's Changeling and the birth of her twins, Knox and Vivienne, who turn 2 today. Being a mom of six with Brad Pitt made getting back to gunslinging and fistfighting — often clinging to the side of a building or leaping from a balcony toward a stone floor — harder than she expected.

"I had a moment my first day, because I hadn't worked for a year and a half and I'd been home and had babies," says the actress, who is far more soft-spoken and warm than her tough screen alter egos. "I did my first day back and I thought, 'What am I doing? I'm somebody's mother!' "

The little ones aren't shocked to see her play-acting on such grand scales, she says. "I met Brad doing stunts together (on the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith), so we're kind of that family," she says. "It's almost expected for Mom to go out and do something like that."

Part of the reason for her relatively quiet visit was keeping the strike team small. The whole family didn't join her — only her daughters Zahara, 5, and Shiloh, 4, and they stayed out of sight.

Jolie and Pitt try to film movies at separate times, so one of them is home with the children. When traveling, it's a chance for special attention, she says. "For example, (the four older children) all came with me to Cancun, and then I came back and spent a lot of time with the babies, because they couldn't come. Then the girls came to D.C. as a girls' trip. And the boys (Pax, 6, and Maddox, 8) are having special boy-time with Dad" back in Los Angeles.

That means the couple aren't likely to co-star again, though she wanted Pitt to do a cameo in Salt. Even though it would have been a short scene, the stunt work would have required too much time commitment, so he ended up with babysitting duties.

"He was almost going to be the motorcycle guy that I knocked down, and then he'd call me a bad name," she says, laughing. "But he was with the kids that day, and we couldn't work it out."

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment